Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Change

I'm someone who is verrrry much a creature of habit. I like my comfort zones. Moving outside of my comfort zone is a terrifying concept. Change freaks me out.

However ..

Change can be a good thing. Doing things outside of my comfort zone has brought some truly amazing things into my life. Zumba! Yoga! Making new friends, with old friends!


Am I happy in my life? Sure! I've got so much to be grateful for. Our family has come a long way from where we used to be. We moved out (escaped!) of the old apartment and now live in a truly fantastic neighborhood with a wonderful community. I left a job that I felt stuck in and was so miserable working. 

Change is good.

I'm happy, but not as happy as I know I could be. I've got a lot of stuff to work on. I want to work my dream job, something I will love and be proud of. I want to make a few more dollars every week to have those little extras with my family, instead of just getting by on a tight budget. I want more for myself and my family.

Well, nothing changes if I don't change, right? 


I've got a lot of hopes and dreams that I want to make a reality. I want to be a yoga instructor and a Zumba instructor. I want to work with kids to help them understand why leading a healthy, active life is so important. I want to write. I want to dance. I want to learn about nutrition. I want to work one on one with people and use my story to help them with their fitness journey. 

The idea of going to school / taking courses freaks me out. The financial strain it'll undoubtedly place on our household makes me physically ill to think about. The time commitment. The struggle to find balance between work / family / schoolwork. The CHANGE. 

But .. 

I'm not going to make my dreams come true by wishing them to reality. I need to overcome my fears in order to better myself and to accomplish my goals. 

I'm currently researching the best way to take my first step. Zumba verification? Yoga training? Head right into a 2-year college degree? 

It's scary. But necessary. 
Gulp. 


No comments:

Post a Comment