Monday, January 5, 2015

First Post of 2015!

Happy New Year guys!!

Wow, I haven't updated in ages. So much has happened in these last couple of months! 

I'm happy and proud to announce that I have STAYED ON TRACK throughout the holidays!! I'm now 85lbs down!! 


My husband bought me that shirt for Christmas .. My very first Under Armour (and sure not to be the last!!). He bought me gifts that support my healthy journey - a thicker yoga / workout mat to help absorb impact on my tougher P90 workouts, the Skinnytaste cookbook (you all know how much I love Gina's website!), a Wonder Wonan coffee mug (she's so inspiring!), and a big bag of Epsom salts .. Which I've been using religiously, ha ha. 


I've set some pretty big goals for 2015. I'm determined to make this my year (after all, 15 flipped is 51, my lucky number! ... I know, I'm goofy!). I'm not big on achieving my resolutions but I've come to love hitting goals that I set, so here I go ..!

1. I want to hit my goal weight. While my journey has become SO much more than a number on a scale, I do still want to get to my goal. Verrrrry badly!! 

2. I want to run 3 5Ks. At least. I really love running and would love to add to my medal collection :) 

3. Do more things that scare me. As in, not letting my fears stop me from trying new things. For example, I've always been afraid of taking a group fitness class because I'm too big / out of shape / asthma / whatever and that ends now. I'm going to my sister's Zumba class tonight! 

4. Enroll for school. I want to work in the health and fitness field .. And it's time to get that going! Yes, I'm a coach with Beachbody and I LOVE it, but my dream is to work with kids with their health and nutrition. I'm so excited to get that ball rolling!

5. Clean up my eating! My eating habits have come a loooong way since I started my journey two years ago, but I feel I can do a lot better. I'm not going to cut out dairy or gluten or anything like that, but I would really like to reduce (even eliminate) added sugars and preservatives. Since I've been eating better, I've come to realize how much sugar bothers my body. I'll talk about that more in another post. My friend Tracey has really inspired me to start making better choices with what I'm feeding myself and my family and I'm excited to see what this year will bring to our kitchen! (Check out her blog journaling her clean eating journey: http://ichoosehappyblog.com ... It's so great!) I have already started by making our own homemade taco seasoning instead of store-bought! 


6. I want to start and finish PiYO, P90, the 21-Day Fix and Shaun T's Rockin Body! 

Anyhow, I know I'm rambling and I've actually got a few more goals that I'll be working on in addition to those, but maybe I'll save them for another post! 

I plan to get back to blogging more as well, so you'll be hearing more from me :) 

I hope you guys are having a great new year so far ... Did you set any resolutions or goals? 







No comments:

Post a Comment