Thursday, September 11, 2014

Time Hop

I saw a few friends using the Time Hop app and I thought it was a fun idea, so I jumped on the train and downloaded it too. At first I wasn't impressed - none of the pictures were loading! Then once I fixed a FB issue, I was in business.

And I am SO happy I got the app. 

It is so much fun, walking down memory lane every day, seeing what I posted on this day one year ago, up to five years ago.

One thing that really stuck out? Two years ago yesterday, I became an ambassador for #sweatpink. I was huge on my health and fitness. I was on top of the world. I had goals. I felt great. I was happy.


Today, I still have goals. They're just lost in the jumble of my daily schedule. Between working both jobs to balancing housework and raising the kids, I've lost sight of my goals. They're still there, sure, just tucked away and not made important.

I think it's time I untuck those goals. I've been slipping with my diet and exercise lately and I'm not happy about it. I do want to keep losing weight and I want to live healthy, for myself, and so that I can be a good role model for my kids. I have career goals in the health and fitness field that I certainly won't achieve by binging on Ben and Jerry's on the couch after a long, hard day. 

I've got to make my health my number one priority. And as of right this second, it is. Because my being healthy will help all my goals and dreams fall into place. 

I hope you remember why you're on your journey .. And not to lose sight of your goals. It's okay that we slip - that's part of the process - but it's also equally important that we catch ourselves! 

I'll leave you with one of those cheesy fitness motivational photos that we always see floating around in social media .. Only this one spoke volumes to me. 


What does your body say about your lifestyle? 


No comments:

Post a Comment