Monday, January 14, 2013

Where Have I Been?!


Had to show off my favorite Christmas gift from Team Lego!! ... Though sadly, it broke about three weeks later. Not gonna lie, I totally cried.

Hi Everyone!!

Wow, it's been a while!! I've missed writing and I've REALLY missed interacting with you all! How are you?!

I'm so sorry I've been away for such a long time. So much has happened since I last posted and I needed to take a step back from the "extras" in my life to focus on my life's "staples." To recap ..

My amazing father, who means so very much to me, was hospitalized with congestive heart failure. His heart had been under duress for 3 weeks (nobody knew. The doctors had no clue.) before he was rushed to the hospital by ambulance, and we are SO very lucky he made it there. His cardiologist told us that he was surprised Dad's heart hadn't given out on him. Dad spent five days in ICU and another few days in general care. He has a long road to recovery and a lot of lifestyle adjustments to make in order to enjoy a full, long life with us. It's been a very scary, eye-opening experience for us all. I'm so, SO grateful that Dad is okay :)




Horrible picture .. But that's how we were feeling. The flu sucks.

And then ..

The holidays! Who has time for anything when we have baking, wrapping, volunteering, overtime and visiting to cram into a very busy holiday season?! Plus the season's illnesses came through our house, I had a horrible flu and the kids were sick ..

And then ..

My husband and I were both on overtime every single day for weeks and weeks on end .. It was a very difficult and hectic period to get through. We never saw each other and barely had time for ourselves. But we kept strong, supported each other on the sidelines (thank goodness for video calling!) and got through it.

Sadly ..

Daddy Lego had to put his dog, Angel, to rest. She was 12 years old and very sick. Though she lived at my in-laws' house (because of my allergies and Boy Lego's), she was still very much my husband's puppy, and it crushed him to have to say goodbye. She now truly is our Angel :)
 
Daddy Lego and his pup.
 But all is good now. At first, I'd stressed about my lack of social networking, and that was adding to the hardship of what we were going through, so I came to realize that family was the most important thing for me to focus on. This is why I took a break from blogging, my FB page and twitter. And while family will always be my number one, blogging and connecting with you is still important to me, and so I'm learning how to find the right balance for all I love in life. I'm back! I may not blog as much as before, but I will write! :) Balance is key.

My emotional eating came into play BIG time over the past couple of months. I'm not mad at myself - when times were tough, it felt easier to fall back on old habits, and with what we were going through, it was understandable. Do I wish I had stayed strong enough to stick to my healthy choices? Absolutely. But with every day, a lesson is learned. I'm proud to say that even though I wasn't the greatest at keeping up with a healthy, active lifestyle, the lessons I'd learned along my weight loss journey really helped me during our rough couple of months, and helped to keep my emotional eating within reasonable limits. I didn't fully fall off the wagon because I knew how far I'd come and that I didn't want to go back. I also knew that binge eating could cause big time long-term damages. And with my dad's heart scare, it really opened my eyes to why a healthy lifestyle is SO important. We must eat healthy, exercise, and get enough rest every day in order to live long, happy lives, out of the hospital!

In other news ..

My goal of becoming a dietician is in sights and I now have a path to follow in order to get myself there. I'm so very excited! But I'll save that for a later post.

I hope you guys all had a wonderful holiday season. Did anyone make a New Years resolution?

Chat soon!

Mama Lego :)



1 comment:

  1. Sorry to hear about your Dad :( I am glad he is doing better! I agree about finding balance even with blogging. I am always amazed at some of the bloggers I follower who have families, full time jobs and blog every since day it truly amazes me. I don't know how they find the time to do it all. For me I personally like to blog one or twice a week.

    ReplyDelete