(side note: WOW do I ever admire her - she's the type of leader I dream of being one day!! C'monnnnn goal weight!!)
She started off the meeting by introducing us to another lady who is in training to become a leader (another boost of motivation for me - I can't WAIT to be in her shoes!!!!). She told us quickly about her WW background and how she'd lost her weight.
And then Joanne brought out these tiny little one-point cupcakes that she had made for us, and they were incredible! It's definitely a recipe I plan on making some day soon (and of course I'll share it here, too!).
Tonight's meeting was about how to make your salad better. Everyone volunteered up their favorite toppings (spinach! Avocado! Bacon! Watermelon! Celery!). We went through some recommendations on how to make your salad better:
|Salad isn't just a lettuce-tomato-onion type of meal. Get creative! There's so much out there!|
2. If you're going to have lettuce as a base, try to stay away from iceberg lettuce. It's almost 100% water (which is a good thing, yes!) but it doesn't have much in terms of nutrients. Try to go for spinach, romaine lettuce, Swiss chard, or radicchio.
3. Make sure to measure out any toppings that have a points value. That way your healthy salad won't (accidentally) have more points than a Big Mac!
4. Always try to have protein in your salad. Chop up some cooked chicken breast, or a hard boiled egg, or toss in a handful of almonds. Protein is what will keep you full for longer periods of time. Also, try cutting your protein into smaller pieces, that way it's spread out more through your salad and you get that flavor throughout every bite!
5. Unless it's fat-free or low in points (or unless you really want it and have the points for it), avoid creamy salad dressings. Try going for a vinaigrette instead.
6. When dining out, order the salad dressing on the side. Then dip your fork into the dressing for every bite. You'll end up using much less dressing and it tastes the same!
S - satisfying
A - attractive
L - low in points
A - adaptable
D - delicious!
|Joanne showing us the cute SALAD acronym!|
Tonight, one member got her 16-week keychain charm AND her 30-pound sticker! Wow!! Another lady got rewarded for her first five-pound loss. Awesome! I get do inspired by others' weight loss success!
Have a fantastic week, everyone!