Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Homemade Gourmet Apple BBQ Pork Pizza

As I've mentioned in the past, my husband and I are former pizza addicts connoisseurs. We just couldn't get enough of the stuff! We still LOVE having it, and love coming up with new and creative ways to eat it. One day, we wanted a pizza, had pork tenderloin and apples in the fridge, and decided to see what we could come up with. And we came up with a masterpiece. 

First off, we needed a crust. We found this at Loblaws and knew it was exactly what we were looking for. Made with whole grains, too! (Be still, my heart!)


Then came the toppings. Pizza sauce, oregano, basil, mushrooms, baby spinach, green onions, homemade BBQ pork tenderloin, and apple slices. Yes, you heard right. Apples. Then we used, but of course, our Kraft light tex mex shredded cheese mix. We threw it into the oven at 350 for about 20-25 minutes. The cheese was perfectly melted and lightly golden, the crust was the perfect crispy-yet-chewy texture, and the entire house smelled of heaven. We drizzled apple butter BBQ sauce on top as the final piece-de-resistance and voila! 

Omnomnom

The combination of the sweet and spicy flavors was just to die for, it was like a firework-type explosion of flavor was going off in our mouths! It was a-m-a-z-i-n-g!! Honestly one of the best pizzas I've ever had (and I've had LOTS. Trust me here. TONS.) 

Each piece was a measly five points (and for us WW people, we know that's nothing at all for pizza!) after two pieces I was stuffed (I won't lie - the inner roundie in me really wanted more .. But I told her she'd had enough!).

This pizza is a definite addition to our " must make again" list!

Mmmm .. Pizza ...

No comments:

Post a Comment